The cable is cool, but if you’re one of those guitarists who love to run on stage and is tired of getting wires twisted, then Wireless Guitar System is an essential accessory for you.
For comfort and convenience, most popular bands have now chosen Wireless Guitar System. That’s why the trend graph of this product has gone up in recent years. Although the best wireless systems are expensive, that doesn’t mean that guitarists with a limited budget can’t enjoy them without spending too much.
For this reason, we decided to review some of the inexpensive but also high-performance budget wireless guitar systems in this article, so that you can concentrate on performance with no cable rolling at your feet.
The best budget wireless guitar systems we review in this article are all below $150. Despite being cheaper, the quality is compelling that most of the guitarists who tried them found no significant difference in comparison to other expensive wireless guitar systems.
In this detailed review, we are going to analyze not just the build quality, but also the level of connection with a guitar and the ranges that each wireless guitar system is capable of supporting—furthermore, the interference during the connection and battery life.
TABLE OF CONTENT
How to Select Best Budget Wireless Guitar Systems?
Before we move to our list of best budget wireless guitar systems, It is essential to understand few points to select an ideal guitar system.
1. Sound Quality
Of course, sound quality is essential when looking for a wireless system. As you can see, we refer to a wireless “system” because it can be used for different situations: a microphone for a singer, a bodypack transmitter for a guitarist, or a headset or lavaliere microphone for a presenter.
For this, it is advisable to look for a system that has the backing and confidence in sound quality over decades.
2. Transmission Stability
Although the sound quality is listed first, the really important function is the transmission stability of the wireless system. Most wireless systems use Radio Frequency (RF) transmission. In all cases, we have many sources of RF in the environment – TV channels, radio channels, communication signals from police, fire, emergency units. As you can imagine, the RF environment is getting busier and busier by the day.
How does this affect wireless systems? A lower quality system can present us with transmission problems. It can cause loss of signal when moving away from the receiver, or noise in the audio. This is very important to know in order to prevent failures during a performance so that we do not have a bad time on stage.
3. Easy to configure
Many times, we just want to sing or play an instrument and don’t have the time or resources to become sound engineers or technical experts. To this end, it’s also worth looking for a wireless system that is easy to set up.
Shure wireless has the option of scanning the best available frequency for the system. This allows us to press a single button to automatically search for the best frequency for the system without having to manually program it or spend a lot of time programming the system.
4. Transmitter Options
It is also important to know what type of transmitter we are looking for. Do we need a microphone for singing? Do we need a wireless guitar? Do we need a headset or lapel microphone for speeches and presentations?
This helps us determine what type of transmitter we need. For example, if we are looking for a wireless for use with a lavalier microphone, we will need a bodypack transmitter. Or if we want a singer’s microphone, a wireless microphone with an SM58 or Beta 58A capsule will work better.
Top 10 Best Budget Wireless Guitar Systems
Here is the complete list of guitar system cheap in price but quality wise they do a pretty decent job.
LEKATO 5.8 Ghz Budget Wireless Guitar System
Lekato 5.8 GHz device is one of the devices which is popular for the worth of money. The features this device pack inside are quite satisfying, considering the price factor. In our list, the Lekato guitar transmitter system is one of the cheapest, yet it is rated highly due to the comfort this device provides to guitarists on a budget.
When experts tested, they were skeptical about the company claimed 6ms delay time and the overall quality of the product. However, all of those assumptions proved to be wrong when they go through the actual test. Build quality is solid; the mechanical hinges provide a smooth and secure fit to any guitar or amplifier.
One of the guitarists traveled with it for over two weeks and experienced zero interference due to the less congested 5.8 frequency band despite being surrounded by loads of wifi and other signals.
- 8gHz Frequency Wireless Band
- 48K 24Bit top quality playback
- 110db superior dynamic range
- Over 100 feet of indoor range
- Latency less than 6ms
- Broadcast 4 channels at once
- Supports multiple channels ideal for usage in Europe and Australia.
- Convenient USB charging and top battery life of more than 5 hours.
- Simultaneous broadcasts on multiple channels.
- Effective range of almost 100 meters.
- Easy to configure only by pressing the signal key to match
- 220 degree rotating design
- Chinese manual
- One of the reviewer claimed buzz sound after a month usage
NUX 2.4 Ghz B-2 Budget Wireless Guitar System
Nux B2 is one of the popular devices on our list. With over 200 positive reviews, this device packs so many useful features that will help you fulfill your every need for a wireless guitar system.
B-2 system has passed the most stringent tests and is characterized by the highest signal stability and sound quality. The transmitter works just like a classic chord, but provides the musician with modern wireless freedom. System setup is effortless: choose a channel for the transmitter and receiver, and the B-2 is ready to go.
The transmitter and receiver are equipped with built-in long-life batteries, which provide power for up to 6 non-stop games. When you are not playing, the B-2 automatically goes into sleep mode, which extends the battery life up to 20 hours.
- 4 gHz frequency band
- 48K 32Bit top quality playback
- 110db superior dynamic range
- Up to 15 meter range indoor
- Up to 30 meter range outdoor
- Latency less than 5ms
- Smart plug and play design
- Beautiful box and presentation
- Long lasting built in battery (Upto 20 Hours)
- Highest quality 32 bit sound, so you can hear your guitar in great detail.
- Automatic sleep mode
- Special intelligent design with a swivel plug to fit in every guitar
- Long outdoor range (60 meter)
- Congested 2.4 Ghz band
- Little expensive than other in the list
- Hinges are made of plastic
Xvive U2 Budget Wireless Guitar System
Xvive U2 is one of the most favorite budget wireless guitar systems. With over 1500 positive reviews and numbers increasing every day, this device is undoubtedly the one to look for your wireless needs.
With a stable build quality, the kind of comfort this device provides to the guitarist is fascinating. Although this device is a little expensive compared to other devices in the list, yet so many positive reviews display clear signs, this device has all the potential to fit in your bag for your next gig.
Xvive U2 Digital Guitar Radio System is a simple and elegant solution that can deliver incredible sound quality while maintaining simplicity and ease of use. Xvive U2 has a frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz, and the dynamic range is more than 103 dB allowing you to hear even the smallest details of the timbre of your instrument.
Built-in lithium batteries provide up to 5 hours of system operation, and a case made of durable ABS plastic can withstand even the most severe travel conditions. With a compact and thoughtful design, the Xvive U2 fits perfectly in your pedalboard.
- 2.4 GHz radio band
- 4 tuner + receiver with built-in lithium-ion batteries (up to 5 hours of operation)
- Connectorble radio channels
- Frequency range 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- 24 bit / 48 kHz converters
- Dynamic Range:> 103 dB
- THD Ratio: <0.05%
- Delay: 6 ms
- Range up to 30 m in open space
- Color: Metallic Silver
- Thousand of happy users
- Crystal clear top quality sound similar to cable
- USB charging support
- Easy to configure
- Long outdoor range (more than 70 feet)
- Decent battery life
- No builtin battery
- 4 Ghz congested band (You may face some interference by surrounded wifi)
- Some users claimed to not work with guitar using active pickup.
- Some claimed no sound issue after connection
Donner DWS-3 Budget Wireless Guitar System
Donner’s new version DWS-3 is a solid build compared to their previous DWS-2 version. The latest and much reliable way of transmission allows plugging this system with any guitar or other electrical instruments without any hassle of cables. Long transmission distance support of over 200 feet, you can roam around the stage for a dynamic performance without any trouble.
DWS-3 is the true definition of compact and simplified design, which makes it optimal for any pedalboard. Simultaneously, up to four channels are supported with several instruments connected at the same time.
- High quality sound
- 180 degree rotatable head
- Latency of less than 2.5ms
- Quick charge time
- Over 6 hours of battery life
- Over 200 feet of transmission distance outdoor
- Micro USB charging port
- Supports up to 4 sets working simultaneously
- Best seller
- Top quality sound
- Latency of 2.5ms (one of the best in the list)
- Less charging time and long battery life
- More than 200 feet outdoor range
- Fantastic value for money
- Only one USB connector
- Some reviewers claimed noise distortion
- Some dropouts
- External antenna
Ammoon Budget Wireless Guitar System
Ammon 2.4g is a wireless guitar system that works in a 2.4G band frequency band. With 24/28kHz broadcasting and 10hz-22Hz frequency response, you can expect high-quality audio and crystal clear transmission. The 220-degree rotating design offers a steady connection with your guitar, and due to the latency of less than 6ms, no signal lost or lagging is expected.
Moreover, this guitar supports active pickup, which many of the wireless systems do not offer in this price range. The superior dynamic range of 110db makes sure transmission is smooth all around the stage.
Environmental friendly rechargeable batteries fulfill your needs for over 5 hours with just 2 hours of charging and included USB cable support is convenient for portable charging while you travel.
- 24Bit 48K high quality crystal clear audio
- Full frequency reponse at 20Hz – 20khz
- 280 degree rotatable head
- Over 100 feet of range outdoor
- Supports up to six sets working simultaneously
- Long lasting builtin battery (5 hours)
- USB charging
- Amazing battery life, one of the best claims by one of the reviewers.
- Easy configuration
- Almost zero latency
- Painless pairing. Just turn them on.
- Works great even after few months of usage (Reviewer)
- Not a great design and build quality
- Not ideal to use with Piezo Electric Pickup due to 220 impedance
ZXK CO 5.8GHz Budget Wireless Guitar System
ZXK CO wireless guitar system is equipped with advance 5.8gHz digital transmission. Due to the latest technology and less congested band, it provides more uninterrupted transmission compared to the 2.4gHz band.
Sound quality with 24 bit and 20Hz/20kHz is what you desire for during your performance. The latency of less than 6ms synchronizes with your every move with a stable sound all around the stage.
The device surface is highly polished, and the build quality is durable due to the ABS plastic material; moreover, the folding design makes it easy to carry everywhere.
The rechargeable battery can last up to 5 hours on a single one hour charge. Long-lasting battery with a pro-quality build makes ZXK Co unaffected by the severe climate change during travel.
- Professional wirlesss transmission
- Advanced 5.8ghz frequency band
- Less intereptions
- 20Hz-20KHz 48K x 24bit Quality sound
- Less than 6ms latency
- 50m outdoor range
- 5 hours battery usage
- Wireless Power: 7dBm
- Come with a nice box and well packed
- Top quality transmitter and receiver
- 6.5mm jack
- Quality sound and almost zero interference delay
- Long lasting battery life (Over 6 hours)
- Great worth of money
- Device stick up on the guitar so it can bang into things
- One of the reviewers claimed they got defective charging cable in the box
Getaria 2.4GHZ Budget Wireless Guitar System
Getaria 2.4gHz wireless guitar systems are one of the best-sellers with over 1500 reviews, enough to prove that people like this system by Getaria. The price tag is affordable, and it comes with many of the features that you usually get in an expensive wireless guitar system.
Volume control is the most popular feature of this product, and ease of use comes second. No doubt in this given price tag with all the compact features, Getaria’s system is a worthy investment. 2.4G uncompressed wireless transmission with a super short delay and outdoor communication range of about 30 meters are essential aspects.
Jack cable adapter is compatible with all devices with a standard 3.5mm jack. It can widely support earphones, TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, speakers, MP3 players, in-vehicle equipment, etc.
- 24k 48Khz sound quality
- Uncompressed wireless transmission
- low noise and latency
- Built-in lithium battery
- 280 degree rotatable head
- 30 meter range
- 105 > db dynamic range
- ABS plastic made
- One of the cheapest wireless guitar systems
- Supports 6 sets of devices working simultaneously
- Built-In rechargeable battery
- Volume control
- Over 500 5 star reviews
- 2.4gHz congested band
- Great for couple of months, not so good for long term use.
- Some reviewers claimed noise on pairing
- Less battery capacity (550 maH)
Mefe 5.8 Budget Wireless Guitar System
Mefe 5.8gHz is one of those devices which has received most of the positive reviews due to its long-lasting 1100 mah battery life. Mefe mentioned their device battery offers over 8 hours of usage, but some reviewers have claimed they have found their device to be working for over 10 hours with a charge of less than 1.5 hours.
Following battery life, what people like the most is the ease of using this product, due to the simple plug and play design and easy to connect feature.
If we move to the basic features, With 24Bit 48khz, you get a perfect sound that you desire, and latency of less than 5.6s makes sure you feel almost zero delays during your next jamming session. 5.8gHz frequency band is another reason to go for this product; due to less congestion; It is highly unlikely that you get any interference from your surrounded wifi.
This device also supports 4 sets working at a similar time and works conveniently well with an active pickup with a click of one key. The range is also vast with over 100 feet outdoors and over 50 feet indoors that it is unlikely that you face any trouble if you choose to move here and there during your performance.
With over 122 positive ratings, this Mefe’s wireless guitar system is certainly one of those products you would like to add in your music gears.
- 5.8gHz frequency band
- High quality 24bit 48Khz sound quality
- 5.6ms latency
- Supports 4 sets working simultaneously
- 1100 maH long lasting battery
- 190 degree rotatable head
- Range of 100 feet outdoor or 50 feet indoor
- Comes nicely boxed and charged
- Crystal clear sound quality
- No detectable signal delay
- Long lasting battery life and vast range
- 2 years warranty
- The transmitter is quite large making it awkward at times.
- Some reviewers claimed transmitter could not fit well in guitar
WINGO 5.8 GHz Budget Wireless Guitar System
Wingo’s new 5.8 GHz lightweight easy to carry wireless guitar system comes with an extended 5-year warranty. Wingo’s new system is one of those wireless systems that are new in the market yet becoming popular every day. With over quick 25 positive reviews within a few days, this product has proved that it has some potential to fulfill guitarist’s every need.
Due to the 5.6ms latency, this product provides very little or zero interference during transmission, no matter if you are performing live on stage or jamming in your room.
The claimed latency is so less that you won’t feel even the slightest delay. Moreover, the big capacity lithium battery power you up for long jamming sessions. Like many other devices we reviewed here, this device also supports up to 4 channels simultaneously to avoid any interference.
This device has all the capabilities that one guitarist may require in their wireless guitar system; comprehensive long-range support, extended battery, easy plug n play with top-quality sound.
- 5.8gHz frequency band
- 20hz-20kHz frequency response
- 5.6ms of latency
- Li-Ion batteries
- Durable ABS plastic made
- Fits perefctly on any pedalboard
- Range: ≥115feet
- Not required to pair each time, just once and you are good to go
- Great support
- Very easy to use
- Works with both active and passive systems
- No or almost zero interference
- 5 years warranty
- One of the reviewer claimed: bass excessively cut in frequencies
- Good for solo or rehearsal, not recommended for stage
Kithouse K380C Budget Wireless Guitar System
Kithouse K380C is one of the least popular wireless guitar systems on the list. However, there was no reason not to add this device to our list of budget wireless guitar systems. This device comes with a one year warranty and 30 days money-back service and packs similar features as other devices in the list.
Reviewers claimed this wireless guitar system as one of the easiest to use, no need to set just plug and use it. K380C works great with electric guitars and musical instruments with pickup and also supports almost any kind of headphones or speakers.
With K380C you can comfortably walk around the yard with your dogs and jam at the same time due to the outdoor range of over 100 feet. Moreover, this device also supports blue-tooth connectivity for background music.
The latency of less than 3ms makes sure there are almost zero delays during the transmission and built-in lithium battery power this device for over 5 hours of usage. With supporting 10 UHF channels, this device is officially approved for use in Europe, Australia, South America, and Asia.
- 20Hz – 15kHz frequency response
- Latency <= 3ms
- Indoor range 50 feet
- Outdoor range 100 feet
- 10 UHF channels
- Auto turn off if no input
- 800 ma builtin battery
- Provides multiple tones to play metal, blues tremelo and clean.
- No need to set, just plug and use.
- Vast outdoor range
- Easy to connect with peaker or headset
- Sound quality is just alright
- Some reviewers received defected one so they had to return
- Not recommended for long term usage
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does Wireless Guitar Systems work?
Wireless technology is undoubtedly a discovery that is making a significant impact on the world we know today. From what began as an advanced form of communication, it has evolved into an instrument we now use to control many different devices in all areas of life.
Wireless technology has also found its way into the music industry. Wireless guitar systems are designed on the same principle. You have a transmitter and a receiver – Transmitter is paired to your guitar, with a purpose to convert the analog signal of your guitar into a digital signal, which then sent to the receiver via a specific radio frequency band. The receiver decodes the information and transmits it to the amplifier in an analog format.
What is the difference between all Budget Wireless Guitar Systems?
All these budget wireless guitar systems all are quite similar with a slight difference of supported ranges and latency, However the biggest difference is that few operate on a frequency of 2.4 GHz, while the others operate on 5.8 GHz.
Which Budget Wireless Guitar Systems do we Recommend?
After considering all the functionalities, the company’s reputation, going through all the reviews and the personal experience, we concluded that NUX B2 is the most loved and most appreciated budget wireless guitar system under $150.
But considering the price factor nearly semi-priced than NUX B2, there is the Lukato GW3, which is definitely among the most outstanding values for a budget wireless guitar systems.
These budget wireless guitar systems are great for jamming sessions, practicing, or performing on a modest level. However, if you’re a professional musician who travels a lot for the musical journey, then it’ s ideal to settle for premium grade wireless guitar systems.
Feel free to browse through the links below if you’re interested in learning more about wireless guitar systems regarding available frequencies and all the technical aspects behind the operation of guitar systems.